We're Expecting!





After trying for a few months, God has finally blessed us with a sweet little pea that will make his or her debut in June!

As long as I can remember I wanted to be a mother. As a kid, I loved playing "house" and with my dolls. I was even that little girl who needed a more life-like creature to dress up, so my poor cat was styled in clothes and a stroller far too often. I know not every woman sees being a mother as a goal, but for me it truly is. 

This week begins week 22 for us. So far we have heard the heart beat every 4 weeks at the OB and have had our first ultrasound at 20 weeks. The ultrasound showed that all the organs were developing well and that the baby was growing at healthy rate. We counted 10 fingers and 10 toes...and of course seeing our little baby twirling around on the screen brought instant tears to my eyes. The technician and OB were able to tell us the gender, but we declined to find out. We are wanting to have the surprise, something we have debated back and forth since before we were expecting. 

Overall, we are feeling blessed beyond belief and are looking forward to continuing this journey!